Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Dongchimi(water kimchi) radish salad

Radish is very important vegetable for Korean traditional food.
Korean uses it for Kimchi, water kimchi, soybean paste stew(doenjang jjigae), and so on.
From 2~3 years ago, I'm make a lot of water kimchi for use of white radish.
I cultivated white radish by myself in my small farm.


Frankly speaking, I found this recipes from newspaper, but it wasn't for salad but for noodles(Korean style mixed noodle). I realized that this will be very good side dishes such as souerkraut.


Ingredient : Radish(from water kimchi, Dongchimi), redpepper powder, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, green onion.


radishi of water kimchi
1. Shred radish as below. Radishi of water kimchi is already salted as like pickles, so no need to use salt.
2. Mix shreded radish with sugar! Sugar gets rid of stale smell of radish.
3. Pour vinegar on it.
4. Mix it with redpepper powder.
5. Put the chopped green onion and add the sesame oil, and then mix them altogether.


This is food between salad and pickles or kimchi. I promise that this is fantastic taste for any Korean foods even other food such as currry, spaghetti, and so on.


This is my first writing in English.
I'll try to upload my own recipes for you.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment